Sunday, March 2, 2008

New Running Shoes and Toys!!

Friday was such a fun day! After class I headed up to ‘The Runner’, the running store in Oklahoma City. I showed the salesman my shoes and he immediately said, ‘Oh yeah, this isn’t right!’ (See the previous post). He had no problem exchanging them, and was glad to check and see if they had any more of that model in my size.

When he went back to check this I realized I love the smell of new shoes. :) It totally beats a new car smell!

There were none of that model in my size, so, oh darn, I had to pick out a new pair. Bobby’s cousin, Kenny, had recommended I try out Brooks Beast running shoes. He’s also a pronator and he’s been a runner for a long time, so I asked the salesman to try them out. He knew exactly what I meant, even though he did say they have different model names now. I tried on the Brooks Ariel and they felt AWESOME! I was so psyched. In fact, they felt really similar to the other shoes, but with much better cushioning. I went for a run around the parking lot, like last time, and I was sold. :) It’s also kind cool that my name in Hebrew class is Ariel. (We all had to pick out Hebrew names, just for fun, to use in class). So I think it was meant to be, for these shoes to be ‘Ariel’. :) Of course, they were a little more expensive than the last shoes ($119 versus $89), but it was fine by me.

Once that was decided on, I got two pairs of Injinji socks for Bobby that he’d asked me to pick up….And I got my very own Garmin Forerunner 205!!! I had intended on doing this, so I knew the credit card would melt a little that day. It’s so worth it though, and I can’t wait to put it to use! Bobby and I had thought we would share the one he got a couple weeks ago, but that wouldn’t have really been do-able. It won’t let you create more than one user, so our histories would’ve gotten all mixed up. Anyway, between the shoes and the Garmin, now I really feel like I’m good-to-go. I can’t wait for my next run!

On a side note, speaking of running toys, I am loving my new iPod shuffle. That was one of my Valentines’ Day gifts from Bobby, a purple iPod shuffle that is perfect for workouts and runs! It’s a lot better than strapping my video iPod around my bicep and constantly readjusting it!

Hope everyone’s having a great weekend so far. Happy running!

2 comments:

Andria said...

Oh my word, that was such a girl comment about loving the smell of new shoes. Yay for getting that fixed. I'm jealous of the Garmin. Patience, patience.

What Me Run? said...

Yeah, I was told that running is a cheaper sport. But, $100 for shoes, $60 for Enell, $200 for Garmin, $?? for socks... It adds up. OH, and likely for me in New England as I train in winter, $400 for a tread mill...